Careers in the Court
Trainee Court Registrar Recruitment
The current trainee court registrar recruitment round closed on 26 February 2017. We anticipate that more recruitment dates will be addded in the second half of 2017.
Only applications submitted during the appropriate time, which include comprehensive answers to motivational questions and Key Selection Criteria can be considered.
Please see 'How to Apply' below for further information.
What is in a typical day for a Trainee Court Registrar?
- Bench Clerking in a courtroom at one of over 50 locations across Victoria.
- Swearing in and affirming witnesses, managing exhibits, facilitating the digital recording of court hearings, disseminating court documentation.
- Facilitating the most efficient and productive order of court proceedings and resources.
- Providing face to face, electronic and telephone based customer service to members of the public, court users and other stakeholders.
- Assisting Magistrates and other members of the judiciary.
What are we looking for?
- Career orientated individuals who have VCE/HSC (or equivalent), tertiary course or work experience in a relevant field.
- Team players with the ability to meet tight deadlines with attention to detail, demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills, and competent computer skills.
- Commitment to providing exceptional levels of customer service and being sensitive to the needs of others.
- Ability to organise and prioritise daily work and demonstrated problem solving abilities.
- Willingness to work at different Court locations within the state.
For further information, please download the Position Description and Advertisement available from the Related Publications Menu.
The salary range for a Trainee Court Registrar is $48,489 - $62,267 plus 9.5% superannuation (as at 1 Jan 2017).
The commencement salary for Trainee Court Registrars is $48,489 plus 9.5% superannuation.
Some travel between court locations may be required. For details of exact locations for each court please refer to Contact Us.
How to Apply
Applications will open online from Monday 6 February to Sunday 26 February 2017.
All applications must be submitted through www.careers.vic.gov.au and include comprehensive answers to all questions on the application including both Key Selection criteria to be considered.
If you have missed this deadline and wish to be contacted when we commence our next recruitment, please email your contact details to email@example.com
Preparing for the recruitment process
In applying for this role, it is essential that you have an understanding of the role of a Trainee Court Registrar. Some of the steps you can take include:
- Attend a Magistrates’ Court to view case listings, observe court etiquette and become familiar with some of the legal terminology used.
- Volunteer to do a work placement at a Magistrates’ Court or take up a work experience opportunity by contacting your local Magistrates’ Court.
- Study in a relevant tertiary course
- Gain experience in a customer service and/or administrative environment.
- Learn about the daily duties and responsibilities of a Trainee Court Registrar (see FAQ’s and Position Description) and think about how you would apply your skills and experience to these duties.
- Prepare an up to date version of your CV.
For more information about the Trainee Court Registrar role, the recruitment process and timelines view the FAQ under the Related pages.
Any further questions regarding a career as a Court Registrar can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Other Employment Opportunities at the Court
The Magistrates' Court employs people to perform a variety of roles within the court. These include roles in the following business areas:
- Corporate Services
- Finance and Administration
- Human Resources
- Learning and Development
- Information Technology
- Court Support Services
- Specialist Family Violence Services.